The first rule of debating Donald Trump is to not try to play his game, because you will lose. You cannot win a shouting match with Trump. You cannot force him to back down and admit that, actually, you’re right. Confront him with the worst parts of his record, and he’ll deny it in the face of evidence. He might not come out of the exchange looking good, but neither will you.
1) “Donald”: How Clinton disrespected Trump by calling him by his first name
2) “Borrowed from his father”: Clinton undermined Trump’s business success and made him sound like an out-of-touch plutocrat
3) “I’m going to be blamed for everything that’s ever happened”: Clinton kept her cool — and Trump just kept boiling
4) “Maybe he’s not as rich as he says he is”: Clinton led Trump into a trap on his taxes
5) “You wouldn’t pay what the man needed to be paid”: Clinton used Trump’s predictability against him
6) “That is not the right temperament to be commander in chief”: Clinton got Trump to make her argument for her
7) “Her name is Alicia Machado”: Clinton’s pièce de résistance