Donald Trump just finished reading his big economic policy speech from a teleprompter. He's really bad at reading from a teleprompter, looking alternately bored and outraged. Here are the pieces that caught my eye:
- Huge tax cut for the rich.
- But no spending cuts that he's willing to admit to.
- End of estate taxes.
- Cut corporate tax rate to 15 percent.
- Allow corporations to repatriate foreign earnings at a special 10 percent rate.
- Declare China a currency manipulator, even though their currency is currently overvalued, not undervalued. A market rate for the renminbi would make Chinese imports even cheaper.
- Slash regulations on corporations.
- Pretend global warming doesn't exist.
- Ban all new financial regulation.
- Repeal Obamacare.
- Implement a childcare tax deduction instead of a tax credit.
- He will work with Ivanka on a childcare plan. Because, I guess, Ivanka has kids, so she's an expert on the problems that low-income workers have with childcare.