Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kathleen Parker: Palin Should Step Down

When pundits like conservative syndicated columnist Kathleen Parker turn against a GOP political figure, you know they are in deep trouble. She thinks GOP Vice-Presidential nominee Sarah Palin should step down.

Palin's recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.

No one hates saying that more than I do. Like so many women, I've been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. I've also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted.

Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there's not much content there...If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

Similar evaluation from Newsweek's Fareed Zakaria.

--Ballard Burgher

No comments: